and Meal Planner for Mississippi
We compare the weekly grocery store ad prices of all of the major grocery stores in your area to Costco, Sam's Club and Walmart and tell you where the best deals are. If an item is the same price or LESS than Costco, Sam’s Club or Walmart, the item will be labeled a ‘red’ deal. These are the items you will want to add to your pantry, freezer, and food storage. We tell you the shelf life of those items that can be stored long term and give you an estimated amount for your year supply of food. If you are not interested in getting your year supply, just buy a few extra so you won’t need to buy it again at full price. We don’t recommend buying ANY items that are blue deals. Why? Because you can buy those items LESS at either Costco, Sam's Club or Walmart.
Use this key to help you know what is a good deal and how to add/remove items from your shopping list:
= Great Deal, Stock up! Add to your Freezer or Food Storage
= Good Deal. Same as or better than Costco, Walmart and Sam's Club
= Buy only if needed
= Add item to shopping cart
= In cart, click to remove
Here are some ways to use the shopping cart feature:
- You can select individual stores that you want to view or use the “Select All” button to view all stores with one click.
- Once you have selected your stores you can sort and search through the deals using the following options:
- Sort by "Store" or by "Type" to see all of the deals by the store(s) you selected or to see all of the deals sorted by type regardless of the store (like by produce, meat, dairy, etc.).
- Sort by "Food Storge" or "Freezer" to find the weeks BEST deals. These are the deals with the star by them that you want to stock up and buy as many as you need/can.
- Use the "Search" option to pull up something general like all of the "Meats" on sale or to bring up something specific like "Bonless Chicken Breasts". This is a great way for you to sort through hundreds of local deals and to very simply pull up and sort through only the deals and items that you need for your shopping trip.
- The column headers at the top of the deals are also links that you can click on and use to sort the deals by that column. This can also personalize your list to be viewed the way most convenient to you:
- The search and sort boxes will make your grocery list exactly the way you want it. When you are done, use the “View Shopping list” button to view the list that you have created. Once you are viewing your shopping list, you can change the view/print format to be by "Store" or by "Type". Sorting by "Type" is especially helpful when price matching at Walmart and you want all of the produce, meat, dairy, etc. listed together.
- Use the on your shopping list to remove any items that you no longer need.
- When you’re done, click the “Print” button and you're done. Your list will remain in your account until you empty your shopping list or until the deals in your list expire (they will delete automatically). If you use a tablet or smart phone simply login to your Deals to Meals account at the grocery store and pull up your saved shopping list and add or remove items while shopping.
- Make sure that you pay attention to the "End-Date" column as this will let you know when that particular deal ends (ad and certain item end dates can be any day of the week).
|Rank||Type||Item||Size||Price||Shelf Life||Year Supply||Coupons|
This is what makes our service unlike ANY service out there! Our weekly meal planner is based around the ‘red/best’ deals of the week, saving your family $100s each month! The Weekly Menu Planner will give you the recipes for each week’s meals. You can choose to cook all of the recipes, or choose those that your family will enjoy, and that work with your schedule. You can adjust our meals to meet your family’s individual diets (vegetarian, low fat, etc.) Each week there is also a ‘food storage recipe’ that will help you use and rotate through your food storage.
STAY TUNED FOR SOME SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR MEAL PLANNER IN THE FALL OF 2012
This is the sheet that breaks down your weekly recipes into individual recipes. You can pick and choose which recipes you want to make during the week and we will tell you the lowest price of EACH item in the recipes, so that you can match them at Wal-Mart, or buy them at the different stores. Meat is the most expensive part of your weekly meals. If you are not doing one stop shopping, then it is a good idea to shop at the store that has the meats you need for your recipes for ‘red/great’ prices.
STAY TUNED FOR SOME SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR GROCERY LIST IN THE FALL OF 2012
*We update our meal planner every Wednesday and the store deals Monday-Wednesday based on the ad run dates
**Tips to make shopping easier: I only shop ONE time a week (generally at Wal-Mart, and always either Thurs., Fri., or Sat. because ALL of the deals are posted from your local stores) and I take my Store's Deals printout with me. This makes shopping easy because I have all of the Best of the Best deals on ONE sheet and I can price match ALL of the deals I need to add to my freezer and food storage each week (assuming I need those items in my food storage) with one stop. I go through the list before I go shopping and only check off those items I don’t already have in my fridge, freezer or food storage.) If there are items that I need at Costco or Sam's Club, I only go there once a month to buy some basic items that generally don’t go on sale at the stores, which I use in most of my recipes (cheese, spices, soy sauce, rice, lemon juice, lettuce, cream, butter, etc.). After matching all of the deals I am well stocked, and meal planning is a BREEZE! When you have all of the ingredients for ALL of the recipes, it is not difficult to answer the dreaded question of, “What’s for dinner?”. It becomes FUN and EASY!